Where Do I Start?
The first step is to attend an information session. After the information session you will be able to schedule a time to complete the pre-entrance exam. For information session dates visit Practical Nursing Information Sessions page.
Is There A Study Guide to ACT WorkKeys® Pre-Entrance Exam?
You may visit the ACT website at www.act.org/workkeys for sample test questions and online practice. Study guides may be borrowed through arrangements with the career counselors. Online study guides can be accessed after meeting with the ABLE office. In addition, in-person tutoring is available by contacting the Career Resource Department at 440-358-8007.
What Score Do I Need to Pass the WorkKeys® Entrance Exam?
You must earn a total of 14 points across the three WorkKeys sections, Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information, with a minimum of 4 points on each section.
How Many Times Can I Take the Pre-Entrance Test & How Long Will It Take to Receive My Pre-Entrance?
You may take the test three times in one year. You will find out your testing results in 1-2 weeks after the testing date.
Are There Any Prerequisites to Enroll in This School?
Yes. You must be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent, successfully pass the pre-entrance test, complete a background check and health requirements, and satisfactory references for admission.
Do I Have to Attend an Orientation?
Yes, prior to the start of classes.
How Long Is the Program?
The full time program is 1200-hours. Hours for class/clinical vary with the program and run Monday through Friday.
Are the Class and Clinical Times Flexible?
Enrollees are expected to be on time for each and every class and/or clinical per the Student Handbook Attendance Policy, and follow the schedule as outlined for the program. Students cannot miss more than 60 hours during the program.
Do You Offer Financial Aid?
Title IV Pell Grants and student loans are available to those who qualify which are determined by the federal government based on the previous year's taxes and current financial information. Veteran Training Programs are also available to qualified candidates. For more information on financial aid go to Financial Aid page.
What Do I Receive When I Complete This Course?
Upon successful completion of the program, you receive a Certificate in Practical Nursing and are eligible to sit for the Licensed Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Upon successful achievement on the NCLEX-PN, you will officially be able to sign your name followed by LPN.
Will Any of My Education at Auburn Career Center Transfer to an RN Program?
The School of Nursing at Auburn Career Center is part of a state wide articulation program with local, state, community, and four year colleges. Many private schools offer advanced placement with articulation into an RN sequence.
What Actions Does Auburn Career Center Take to Manage Loan Default Rates?
- Individual student loan balances are verified by using their Institutional Student Information. Record and information on the National Student Loan Data System.
- Students are required to fill out Student Loan Entrance and Exit Interviews.
- The Financial Aid Office fills out all servicer's requests for additional information on previous students using student files from both the Financial Aid Office and Departmental Files.
- We offer tuition payment plan options and staggered due dates on fees to allow students to budget for their costs of education and therefore lower loan amounts needed than if we required all costs up front.
- We notify students that loan amounts can be cancelled, reduced, or returned if not needed. We also help students to make changes if requested.
- We provide students with the "Funding Education Beyond High School, The Guide to Federal Student Aid" which explains in details the student's rights and responsibilities.
- We advise students of in-school deferments and other benefits available to keep loans out of default. We also explain to them their loan grace period and how it can be affected.
How Do I Request My Transcript to be Sent to Another School?
Visit the Forms page to access the transcript request form.